Omdat vanwege alle corona maatregelen clubs gesloten waren en bruiloften en bedrijfsfeesten lange tijd geen doorgang vonden, of met zeer beperkt publiek, heeft DJ Joe Nathan zich vooral gericht op het produceren van nieuwe muziek. Zo produceerde hij onder meer nieuwe track voor Remix The Remix en The Happy Groover. Tevens bracht hij, exact 20 jaar na dato de originele versie van Tha Bomb – Tha Bomb uit, met de originele sample van Doe Maar. In onderstaande playlist staan de meeste recente releases welke door Joe Nathan zijn geproduceerd. Er zijn nog veel meer tracks geproduceerd, welke nog niet zijn uitgebracht, of bedoeld zijn als exclusieve DJ tools en zodoende niet uitgebracht worden, maar wel in DJ-sets gedraaid worden. Check ook de verschillende studio- en live mixen van Joe Nathan hieronder met het nodige nog niet uitgebrachte materiaal.
De nieuwe single van Remix The Remix verschijnt op 12 juni 2020. Een week eerder, op 5 juni verschijnt de lange versie van de track al op Beatport. De komende dagen worden langere previews gepost.
DJ’s kunnen de track bemachtigen door zich in te schrijven voor de UniGroove Promo Pool.
Sunday, February 23rd, 2020, Joe Nathan – producer of Remix The Remix, Tha Bomb and The Happy Groover – played a live DJ-set on Radio Stad Den Haag. This was the third time Joe Nathan was mixing live in this radio studio. This time, however, his DJ-set contained mostly his own music productions. Many of the tracks played have not been released yet. In some cases, they may not even see an official release.
01) 00:00 Giorgio Moroder – From here to eternity (Remix the Remix bootleg)*
02) 03:45 Electric Lady Lab – Fascinated (Remix the Remix bootleg with placeholder vocals)*
03) 08:08 Farley Jackmaster Funk – Love can’t turn around (Remix the Remix bootleg)*
04) 12:20 Baby’s Gang – Challenger (Remix the Remix tech bootleg)*
05) 16:18 Dangerous Dan, Nicky Night Time, Rhonda INTL. – A History Feat. Julian Mitchell (Original Mix with a twist: disco samples replaced for Italo Disco samples)
06) 20:11 Remix the Remix – Japanese Disco Game (upcoming single!)*
07) 24:56 The Ring – Savage lover (Remix the Remix tech bootleg)*
08) 28:40 Remix the Remix – Chinese revenge*
09) 32:00 Who da Funk – Shiny disco balls
10) 33:09 Sean Finn feat. Sister sledge – Lost in music (DJ Blackstone Remix)
11) 39:16 Discoslap, Mark Lower – Whomp (Mark Lower edit)
12) 41:20 Fiorious – I’m not defeated (Catz ‘n Dogz Extended Pride Mix)
13) 43:40 Remix the Remix – Il veliero*
14) 47:18 John Modena – Bette Davis eyes (Remix the Remix bootleg with placeholder vocals)*
15) 50:50 Odessa – Private disco show (Remix the Remix bootleg with placeholder vocals)*
16) 54:53 Purple Disco Machine – In my arms
17) 57:30 Remix the Remix – Diamond In The Night (feat. Bowman)*
* = produced by Joe Nathan
Radio Stad Den Haag was a very popular pirate radio station in the ’80s. The station was connected with several import record shops in The Hague. Due to that its DJs played the newest dance music. The station also played a lot of Italo Disco music, as The Hague – at that time – could be seen as the Italo Disco capital of The Netherlands.
Since many of Joe Nathan’s productions are based on old Italo Disco or ’80s dance music records, it’s no surprise still has a soft spot for Radio Stad Den Haag. While the station currently still plays mostly the music from their heydays in the ’80s, they’re open to new music as well. Hence why Joe Nathan played a lot of new material, based on classic hits, in his DJ-set.
In a previous live mix on the same station on November 3rd, 2019, Joe Nathan played mostly Nu-Disco and Jackin House, as well as a few of his own productions. No video recording was made at the time, but the audio can be found below.
The newest artist releasing music on UniGroove is Remix The Remix. The first single by Remix The Remix is called Diamond In The Night and is produced by Jonathan Joosten a.k.a. Joe Nathan. The vocals are sung by American singer Bowman.
Diamond In The Night is a tribute to Italian singer Felli, who recorded the song originally in 1983. The new version has a completely different arrangement, but in essence, it’s still the same song.
Recorded live at The Tara in Amsterdam on Friday March 8, 2019: DJ Jackin Joe Nathan. Broadcasted by Radio Stad Den Haag on March 10, 2019. Episode 2 will continue where episode 1 ends.
- Fatboy Slim – Praise you (Purple Disco Machine remix).
- Jose, Luca Debonaire – Remember (Block & Crown remix).
- Rockers Revenge – Walking on sunshine (Full Intention remix)
- Felipe Avelar, Dafunkeetomato – Do it (Original mix)
- Milty Evans & Brian Boncher – Bounce, Roll, Jack
- Mark Funk & Danny Cruz – Givin’ my love (Original mix)
- Sonny Fodera – Everybody get on the decks
- Garrett & Ojelay – Hey Mr DJ (Sonny Fodera remix)
- Soul Central – strings of life (Supernova main mix)
- Calvin Harris & Sam Smith – Promises (Mousse T’s Extended Disco Shizzle)
- Soul Rebels – I’ll be good (Original mix)
- Dafunkeetomato – These sounds (Original mix)
- DJ Mes & Rescue – Bring it back
Also in 2019 Joe Nathan is continuing to produce remakes for ’80s and ’90s club classics, as well as his own tracks. For these he’s planning several collaborations with vocal talents, just like in 2018. There are negotiations with a record label, so hopefully more news on that soon. Pending these negotiations new productions have not been shared publicly, but there is new material available. More news soon.
Joe Nathan heeft niet bepaald stil gezeten de afgelopen maanden. Het resultaat is een aantal nieuwe producties die verzamelt zijn op een sampler voor het Amsterdam Dance Event 2018. De sampler kreeg als ondertitel “Return to the classics” mee omdat alle tracks remakes zijn van meer of minder bekende jaren 80 plaatjes (en een paar uitzonderingen daarop) Check de sampler hieronder:
Joe Nathan started off 2018 with making a new mashup that he had been thinking of doing for some time. “The bassline of Camelphat & Elderbrook – Cola reminded me of “Children” by Robert Miles every time I heard the track. After discussing that with a befriended fellow DJ I figured I’d see how well they could blend together. Turns out they blend together surprisingly well.”
Want to hear how these two songs sound together? Check out Joe Nathan’s mashup below.
Update June 2018:
It has been pointed out to us that more mashups of Cola and Children have popped up the past few months and some of these are played by big name DJ’s on Ibiza.
While things have been quiet on this website, there’s a good reason:Joe Nathan has been busy producing music! Initially the music was intended for his own DJ sets, but these productions are now also availble for licensing to record companies. At ADE17 Joe Nathan presented a sampler with 13 tracks he produced over the past months. More tracks are in the works too, so keep an ear out. There’s a wide range of genres: from commercial reggaeton to underground techno, from bouncy house to trap. Joe Nathan produces it all and plays it all in his DJ sets. For more info, dj bookings and/or full-length versions please contact: jonathan @ unigroove . com (no spaces).