Sunday, February 23rd, 2020, Joe Nathan – producer of Remix The Remix, Tha Bomb and The Happy Groover – played a live DJ-set on Radio Stad Den Haag. This was the third time Joe Nathan was mixing live in this radio studio. This time, however, his DJ-set contained mostly his own music productions. Many of the tracks played have not been released yet. In some cases, they may not even see an official release.
01) 00:00 Giorgio Moroder – From here to eternity (Remix the Remix bootleg)
02) 03:45 Electric Lady Lab – Fascinated (Remix the Remix bootleg with placeholder vocals)
03) 08:08 Farley Jackmaster Funk – Love can’t turn around (Remix the Remix bootleg)
04) 12:20 Baby’s Gang – Challenger (Remix the Remix tech bootleg)
05) 16:18 Dangerous Dan, Nicky Night Time, Rhonda INTL. – A History Feat. Julian Mitchell (Original Mix with a twist: disco samples replaced for Italo Disco samples)
06) 20:11 Remix the Remix – Japanese Disco Game (upcoming single!)
07) 24:56 The Ring – Savage lover (Remix the Remix tech bootleg)
08) 28:40 Remix the Remix – Chinese revenge
09) 32:00 Who da Funk – Shiny disco balls
10) 33:09 Sean Finn feat. Sister sledge – Lost in music (DJ Blackstone Remix)
11) 39:16 Discoslap, Mark Lower – Whomp (Mark Lower edit)
12) 41:20 Fiorious – I’m not defeated (Catz ‘n Dogz Extended Pride Mix)
13) 43:40 Remix the Remix – Il veliero
14) 47:18 John Modena – Bette Davis eyes (Remix the Remix bootleg with placeholder vocals)
15) 50:50 Odessa – Private disco show (Remix the Remix bootleg with placeholder vocals)
16) 54:53 Purple Disco Machine – In my arms
17) 57:30 Remix the Remix – Diamond In The Night (feat. Bowman)
Radio Stad Den Haag was a very popular pirate radio station in the ’80s. The station was connected with several import record shops in The Hague. Due to that its DJs played the newest dance music. The station also played a lot of Italo Disco music, as The Hague – at that time – could be seen as the Italo Disco capital of The Netherlands.
Since many of Joe Nathan’s productions are based on old Italo Disco or ’80s dance music records, it’s no surprise still has a soft spot for Radio Stad Den Haag. While the station currently still plays mostly the music from their heydays in the ’80s, they’re open to new music as well. Hence why Joe Nathan played a lot of new material, based on classic hits, in his DJ-set.
In a previous live mix on the same station on November 3rd, 2019, Joe Nathan played mostly Nu-Disco and Jackin House, as well as a few of his own productions. No video recording was made at the time, but the audio can be found below.